Plant Finance Manager
Indiana, PA 15701 US
In this role you will direct the preparation of financial reports and you will be accountable for all accounting-related processes at the plant including budgeting, forecasting, costing, capital justifications, cost savings, supply-chain/inventory, statistical reports, audits, and tax activities.
- Analyze operating variances on a monthly basis for direct and indirect labor, variable manufacturing expense, and scrap & material usage.
- Complete standard costing (i.e., BOM, routings, labor rates, overhead burdens, etc.).
- Forecast direct cost variances, cost reduction plan variances, wage rate variances and non-standard variances.
- Analyze reports and make recommendations to improve costs
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Analyze and accurately report financial results to management
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Prepare monthly closing requirements to properly reflect current financial status of the plant.
- Maintain internal financial controls at the plant.
- Update financial status in ERP/MRP systems.
Requirements, Background and Experience
- B.S., B.B.A. or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. MBA preferred. CPA/CMA designations a plus.
- 8+ years finance/accounting experience in a small to mid-sized manufacturing company including 3 to 5 years in a management role
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of managerial accounting
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of financial analysis methods using spreadsheets, databases and ERP/MRP cost and inventory systems.
- Ability to manage budget and delivery of timely end-results.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees and management to explain complex financial data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills to apply to the business.
- Ability to travel occasionally overnight (domestic and international) for meetings or projects.
Plant Finance Manager - 26212
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Manager