1379 Ciba Road McIntosh, AL 36553
The main objective of this role is to support the research and development organization by providing engineering in terms of process safety, process design, project management and upkeep of equipment and technical documentation.
With scientists and equipment operators as your customer, you will be responsible for developing, overseeing construction, maintaining, and retrofitting small to mid-capital laboratory and pilot scale equipment that is often one of a kind.
One of the primary focuses of this role is to provide prompt service to the R&D staff on all smaller, lower capital projects to ensure that equipment functionality and uptime is maximized.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical engineering discipline such as mechanical, chemical, or similar engineering field
- 3+ years hands on and/or technical design experience in a plant, pilot plant, or R&D setting
- Strong CAD skills for P&ID and mechanical part drawings
- Experience working with automation systems, PLCs, data acquisition systems
- Training in Six Sigma or Lean preferable
- Knowledge of Kaizen, 5S
- Experience or training in statistical process control
- Knowledge of chemical and temperature compatibility of components, specifically high temperature alloys
- Experience with pressure vessels or vacuum systems and associated safety equipment
Process Engineer - Process Instrumentation - 17180