Program Test Manager
26 Davis Drive Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Research Triangle Park, NC
The Program Test Manager role is a dedicated resource tasked with the overall responsibility of the successful execution of testing within the program to achieve a high degree of quality to reduce risks & issues and increase customer satisfaction.
- Negotiating the ongoing purpose and deliverables of the test effort including development and maintenance of the Program and individual Solution test strategies
- Ensuring the appropriate planning and management of the test resources including test plans / requirement traceability matrix (RTM), test cases, environments, data, personnel, etc.
- Coordinating and managing the testing execution and defect resolution across the integrated systems and teams required for solutions delivered within the program, including end-to-end business process testing across all involved systems.
- Assessing the progress and effectiveness of the testing efforts, and reporting to all relevant parties, also acting as an escalation instance in case a root cause analysis across multiple systems is unclear, involvement of architects if root cause is a design issue which can not be solved by testers and developers
- Knowledge of all aspects of the software engineering process
- Experience in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools
- Experience managing testing efforts across multiple technical teams
- People skills, especially diplomacy and advocacy skills
- Planning and management skills
- Knowledge of the domain, system or application-under-test (desirable)
- Experience programming or managing programming teams (desirable)
Program Test Manager - 17329