Project Manager - Process Improvement
240 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10286
Opening with our financial services client for a Project Manager with a focus on third party governance and risk process improvement projects.
In this role, you will be the Third-Party Governance (TPG) Process Improvement Manager.
You will be responsible for leading significant process improvement projects and initiatives for The Third Party Governance Risk Assessment program using principles of Six Sigma, Project Management and Change Management. This will include analysis and understanding of all business activities for vendor risk acceptance through the third party governance life cycle relationship between internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Lead process improvement initiatives for Third Party Governance (TPG), through the use of measurements, analysis and discussion of process alternatives to arrive at viable solutions and best practices.
- Utilize Business Process Management and Six Sigma methods, tools and templates to document the current state delivery model, processes, metrics and work with the TPG team toward a target state solution.
- Identify and prioritize the critical opportunities (projects) to drive out the optimal solutions.
- Focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, combine duplicative processes, and improve customer satisfaction by aligning the business resources in order to execute and implement the business’s future state high performance business model.
- Prepare recommendations for presentation to senior management for the prioritization and execution of process re-engineering efforts.
- Manage and develop project plans and / or execution framework for assigned activities.
- Communicate project status, issues and risks on a regular basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a technical, finance, or business discipline is required
- 7 to 10 years of total work experience working in Risk and Controls or Regulatory Control Related Operational teams preferred
- Process improvement and project management experience
- Strong business acumen; Organized and resilient; Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Certified Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred (minimum requirement: Certified Green Belt with Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience in a large banking or financial institution as either an internal team member or as an external consultant
- Established track record of achieving process optimization goals which directly led to business results is required
- Experience working in Risk and Controls or Regulatory Control Related Operational teams preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite and Visio skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding presentation, interpersonal, written and communication skills
Process Improvement Project Manager - Third Party Governance - 19445