100 Sandusky Street Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Full-time, direct hire opportunity for a Proposal Engineer.
In this role, you will develop proposals, negotiate with customers to identify and agree on technical requirements and participate in closing on contracts for steel and continuous casting projects.
- Prepare technical proposals and establish and maintain technical communication with customers during the proposal process
- Maintain proposal files including relative calculations, communications, and meeting reports
- Provide general assistance for business development, development of processes and standards, and procedures that will assure consistent proposal execution
- Coordination of layout and engineering work for proposal preparation
- Coordination of proposal, metallurgical and process calculations
- Prepare and edit cost estimates for proposed project
- Makes sales calls and attends sales functions, as required
- Present proposals to prospective customers
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (metallurgical/material science, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- 5 years’ experience in design and proposal preparation (steel making & continuous casting knowledge is preferred)
- Steel making and/or continuous casting experience is required
- Hands on individual with a high degree of personal initiative and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; Proficiency with a Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- AutoCAD preferred but not required
- Ability to travel up to 50% (domestic and international)
Proposal Engineer - 19213