Quality Control Laboratory Technician
14284 Highway 41 North Sparks, GA 31647
Opening for a Quality Control Laboratory Technician.
In this role, you will ensure the quality of products by performing physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, in-process and finished products in support of the manufacturing process.
- Analyze routine raw material, in-process, and finished good samples using various laboratory techniques including High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR) and other methodology such as particle size analyzer, density meter, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all analytical data according to Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Escalate Out-of-Spec materials to QC Lab Supervisor for data review.
- Aid in management of inventory of consumables such as HPLC, columns, spare parts, reference standards, and control samples.
- Complete routine troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Identify and implement process improvement in laboratory functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science field with 2 years lab experience; OR High School Diploma with a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience or 2 years chromatography experience.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques, understanding of proper chemical handling, use, storage and disposal.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- 5 years of experience in an Analytical Lab environment.
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques, including by not limited to hands on use of HPLC and we chemistry methods.
- Experience in microbiological analysis.
- Experience with Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIR).
- Experience with Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy (LCMS).
Quality Control Laboratory Technician - 19516