11642 Old Baltimore Pike Beltsville, MD 20705
In this role, you are responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions, procedures and associated process controls for the assigned product line.
Duties will include:
- Complete Quality Engineering assignments such as contract review, manufacturing support, PPAP, auditing and corrective action investigations with minimal supervision.
- Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Review customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements
- Lead or provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams assigned to process improvement projects / problem solving teams / product development teams.
- Ensure that products shipped meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience as a quality engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements including GD&T.
- 3 years of aerospace experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (MOQ/OE) is preferred.
- Experience in performing Quality Audits.
- Technical proficiency in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) models
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Quality Engineer - 19228