Senior Legal Editor - Remote - Part-Time
Columbus, OH 43202
Remote - Part-Time - 10-20 hrs/wk
Temporary (3 months) Contract Need
Pay Rate: 44/hr
Must have Windows-based computer and high speed internet
Looking for a Legal Editor / State Litigation Specialist with substantial Ohio experience in civil litigation, especially court rules and procedures to write and edit practical guidance for Ohio lawyers.
- Write, edit, and update state-specific litigation resources in accordance with Practical Law writing style, including practice notes, checklists and standard documents explaining how to practice in state court.
- Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise in Practical Law’s final review of these resources.
- JD required
- At least six years’ experience working as a litigator in a law firm in Ohio, and strong familiarity with the jurisdiction’s court rules.
- Ability to perform complex legal analysis.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of litigators and the general legal market in the specified jurisdiction.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace intranets, using MS Office suite, and learning in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
- Experience using WestlawNext for legal research.
- Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.