Senior Payroll Analyst
400 Hunt Valley Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15068
Full-time, Direct Hire role for a Senior Payroll Analyst role with our client in Pittsburgh, PA.
This opening is for 2nd Shift (2pm - 10pm).
- Oversees the processing of payroll cycles for exempt and non-exempt employees in a complex, multi-state environment;
- Researches and resolves complex employee tax issues to ensure accurate employee tax withholding and quarter/ annual tax filing;
- Monitors and communicates changes to federal, state or local tax code to ensure system updates are completed and managers/employees are notified of potential impact to paychecks;
- Performs audits (pre-, post, quarterly and year-end)
- Investigates and resolves payroll discrepancies with a root-cause focus;
- Works closely with the benefits team to ensure deductions are being processed properly.
- Advises on tax set-up for imputed income
- Participates in the 401(k) administration for multiple plans;
- Works with vendors to perform Nondiscrimination Testing and filing 5500s;
- Performs system-related set up and configuration changes in payroll;
- Ensures the integrity of HR and payroll data within company systems through proficient use of various reporting tools, data auditing methodology, and advanced knowledge of system and data elements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, and/or HR, or equivalent years of experience required.
- 3-5+ years of payroll administration experience in a multi-state required
- Payroll processing experience using a complex HRIS for a multi-state employer is a MUST
- Knowledge of tax withholding requirements based on employee work and resident locations, including remote-based workers
- Experience with HRIS systems, specifically, configuring admin side
- Experience with 401(k) administration
- Root-cause/continuous improvement approach to problem solving - creates SOPs based on findings
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and organizational skills;
Senior Payroll Analyst - 16921