Senior Systems Programmer
350 N Sunny Slope Rd Brookfield, WI 53005
Our client is seeking a CICS Systems Programmer with a deep understanding of CICSPlex/SM architecture, support, and administration. As a core member of the Middleware group, the CICS Systems Programmer will be responsible for the installation, administration, and maintenance of CICS software components and 3rd party software.
The successful candidate will provide in-depth subject matter expertise and technical leadership for the current and future delivery, support and maintenance of production services in the technical operations environment.
- Installation/maintenance/support of IBM CICS software and related 3rd-party products.
- Administration of CICS objects/resources in parallel SYSPlex, CPSM-managed, MRO environment, including object definition, multiple workload transaction routing, interfaces with external resource managers (DB2, MQ, IPIC …)
- Problem analysis and resolution, both technical and application related
- Performance and capacity tuning utilizing various monitoring and reporting tools (such as BMC MainView, SMF data, AUXTRACE …).
- Maintenance of assembler-coded exits
- Documentation of policies and procedures in compliance with ISO standards.
- Provide 24x7 on-call technical support (on rotation)
- Participate in business continuity planning, testing and execution
- 10+ years IBM CICS systems programming experience, including RDO, CPSM, Web/SOA/Java facilities
- Command of z/OS facilities: TSO/ISPF, SDSF, JCL, IBM Utilities (IDCAMS, macro assembler, …), including understanding z/OS operation concepts
- Experience in performance monitoring
- Experience in problem analysis and resolution, including reading IPCS dumps and CICS AUXTRACE data
- IBM Assembler coding
- Understanding of CICS VSAM file constructs
- Understanding of IBM DB2, WebSphere MQ Series
- Familiarity with BMC MainView for CICS monitoring and control is a plus
- Experience with REXX programming is a plus
CICS Senior Systems Programmer - 16995