Senior Systems Programmer
350 N Sunny Slope Rd Brookfield, WI 53005
As part of the core staff of the technical operations group, this position will be responsible for software and hardware implementation at the direction of management, as well as being an integral part in the evaluation and analysis of software and architecture.
The successful candidate will provide in-depth subject matter expertise and technical leadership for the current and future delivery, support and maintenance of production services in the technical operations environment.
The zOS Senior Systems Programmer will provide SME-level support for the TR BETAHost mainframe environment. This will include advanced systems management, administration, planning and operations.
- Build and maintain multiple z/OS images in a Geographically Dispersed Parallel SYSPlex (GDPS) environments across 3 data centers
- Installation/support/maintenance of IBM base products, such as z/OS, RACF, JES, Communications Server, compilers, language environment, etc.
- Installation/support/maintenance of other IBM/third party support products, from vendors like ASG, BMC, CA, SyncSort, etc.
- Coordinate with mainframe hardware team to support physical infrastructure changes
- Support business operations and development in everyday use of products
- Provide 24x7 on-call technical support (on rotation)
- Participate in business continuance planning, testing, and execution
- 10+ years z/OS mainframe systems programmer experience, with advanced knowledge of z/OS internals and subsystems
- Advanced knowledge of IBM base z/OS components, including RACF, Compilers, languages, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of mainframe physical architecture
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, highly complex mainframe environment
- Able to work under pressure to resolve complex system problems in a timely fashion
- Assembler and REXX coding desirable
- Ability to work well in team environment
zOS Senior Systems Programmer - 16994