610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Opening for a Software Engineer with our client.
Responsibilities will include a mixture of development, testing, analysis, and contributions to configuration management. Testers and developers work side by side to verify new services, test performance and environment configurations, provide error reporting and assist in troubleshooting for applications.
- Implement enhancements and fixes to existing software systems using Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and other scripting languages.
- Direct and execute development/testing for features that require analysis, planning, scheduling, working with various technologies, participating in requirements and design reviews, etc.
- Participate in the development and testing of features for assigned projects with little to no guidance.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to less experienced team members and interns.
- Assist fellow software developers and testers with the analysis and resolution of defects found.
- Partner with software development teams and other stakeholder organizations to ensure their needs are being met and that our services are adding value.
- Proactively share knowledge and across all the software development and testing groups on best practices using new and emerging technologies
- Create, review, and maintain technical documentation and the development of software.
- Analyze and tune the performance of database applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar area, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience, including experience developing a complex, technical application.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis, design, and development. Programming experience in Java, Linux/UNIX, Oracle, SQL, XML/XSLT, or some other object-oriented language.
- Great technical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with the software tools and techniques used in development.
- Basic understanding of layers that comprise application architectures.
- Ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments, and delivering high quality results is a key selection criterion.
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Software Engineer - 19241