1 Robinson Plaza Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Full-time, direct hire opening with our client for a Structural Designer.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Performs basic and complex layouts including creating 2D drawings from 3D models
- Review structural steel and rebar shop fabrication drawings
- Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience in structural steel and concrete drafting and checking of industrial facilities
- Proficient in AutoCad and Navisworks
- 3D CAD experience required (CADWorx preferred)
- Ability to develop complex design layouts that consider and incorporate requirements from other engineering disciplines to create a coordinated, unified design.
- General understanding of fabrication and construction
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented, committed to quality
- Ability to work overtime and travel as required