795 Office Parkway Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Pay Rate: 45/hr
This role will focus on improvements to IT security, virus scanning/white-listing, logging of OS events and patch management, along with remediation of security issues on Windows, Linux and Solaris systems.
- Install, integrate and test new McAfee anti-virus solutions, change security and logging lockdown/policies and setup vulnerability scanning of systems
- Troubleshoot network and security devices, various operating systems and applications
- Assist in building operational processes for patching, new security policies and approved upgrades & 3rd Party software that will be implemented on Live Environments.
- Tuning and troubleshooting to deliver optimal performance in high volume enterprise environments.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of operating system including Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2, RHEL6.x & RHEL7.x and Solaris 10.
- Knowledge of Logging systems (Log Manager, Splunk, Qradar, syslog, etc.)
- Knowledge of network security fundamentals and understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience with network application protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, Syslog, etc.
- Experience with Anti-Virus technologies from McAfee
- Enterprise background
- Experience of creating technical documents and Knowledge base solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Office applications
- Familiar with RHEL & Microsoft patching schedules and methods
- End point device hardware knowledge (HP, Dell, Microsoft)
- End point Enterprise management systems - device updates/software install (Microsoft SCCM, McAfee ePO)
- Experience working with Group Policy Administration
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux-based scripting facilities
- Perl, C, VBScript, bash, ksh or Python development skills desired
- Experience with automating workflows or system installations.
Systems Administrator - 18231