Harrisburg, PA 17140
Pay Rate: 42/hr
In this role, you are responsible for the design, support, maintenance, and evaluation of computer networking and server systems.
- Manage and monitor systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience OR Associate Degree in computer science or related field and 5 years’ experience.
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Microsoft IIS knowledge
- Knowledge of PC operations, printer servers, file servers and network operations.
- Knowledge of Windows and Windows products, PC software set up and installation, connectivity products and hardware connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture technologies including load balancing, DNS and certificates
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Visio)
- Ability to work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the LANs and WANs.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
Systems Engineer - 18703