Pittsburgh, PA 15241 US
Opening with our client for a junior level Tax Accountant to provide support for indirect tax accounting.
Looking for someone with 6 months+ of tax accounting experience. Onsite training with flexibility to work from home.
Contract with potential for direct hire.
In this role you will be assisting the Senior Accountant in all aspects of indirect taxes, including but not limited to sales/use tax, unclaimed property, personal property tax, business licenses and state annual reports.
- Provide assistance in sales and use tax filings, tax payments, general ledger reconciliation and preparation of support documentation
- Maintain customer exemption certificates for sales tax purposes
- Assist in:
- State Annual Report filings and business license renewals
- personal property return filings
- sales tax audits
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6 months+ years of tax accounting experience; Exposure to basic concepts of indirect tax
- Tech savvy with ability to learn new systems and processes
- Client facing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization skills and solid attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work well both independently and as a team
Tax Accountant - 25839