Technical Lead - JAVA
4000 Town Center Boulevard Suite 120 Canonsburg, PA 15317
Java Technical Lead - Big Data (Hadoop)
Our client is looking for a strong Technical Lead with a solid background in Java and Big Data (Hadoop) along with experience managing a team of developers and software engineers.
In this role, you will contribute to software design and architecture as well as lead the implementation of complex, mission-critical, enterprise applications.
You will give technical and management direction to a moderately sized team in a fast paced environment and will have the opportunity to work in all architectural layers on a variety of programming projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field; Master's Degree a plus
- 7+ years implementing enterprise-scale, distributed, data centric applications with graphical user interfaces.
- 3-5 years of experience with Java, Python, AngularJS, HTML
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team and overseeing software development projects
- Expert level experience with software development processes and experience taking enterprise scale projects from inception to deployment
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux commands, MS windows and writing SQL Server queries
- Experience using one or more of the technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem components (HDFS, Spark, Storm, HBase, Flume, Zookeeper, Solr, Kafka, Sqoop) Preferred
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills and ability to think creatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Java Technical Lead - Big Data (Hadoop) - 17315