Technical Lead - JAVA
350 Hochberg Rd Canonsburg, PA 15146
Our client is looking for a strong Technical Lead with a solid background in Java and Big Data (Hadoop) along with experience managing a team of developers and software engineers.
In this role, you will contribute to software design and architecture as well as lead the implementation of complex, mission-critical, enterprise applications.
You will give technical and management direction to a moderately sized team in a fast paced environment and will have the opportunity to work in all architectural layers on a variety of programming projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
- 10+ years overall IT experience in Software Development with 5+ years of experience in Big Data Analytics area. Must have delivered at least 4 big data projects to production.
- Experience in Hadoop distributions (Apache / Cloudera / Hortonworks)
- Experience working with Big Data eco-system including tools such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, Yarn, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Sqoop and Storm to name a few
- 1+ year of experience with techniques of performance optimization for both data loading and data retrieval
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/HBase
- 3+ years of experience in development of Spark streaming applications and ETL
- 1+ year of experience with graph databases such as GraphDB/Neo4j
- Proficiency in Sqoop, Nifi, Flume and Kafka
- Expert level experience with software development processes and experience taking enterprise scale projects from inception to deployment
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with Linux commands
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills and ability to think creatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Java Technical Lead - Big Data (Hadoop) - 19399