Technical Support Specialist
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Technical Support Specialist / Workstation Support / Help Desk Technician
We have a contract opening in Harrisburg, PA for a Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Technician will provide workstation, laptop, and Mac support; including deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for supporting workstations, laptops, Macs, and all device peripherals (print issues, docking issues, scanning, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining device compliance and health; this includes tracking down PC’s that have broken SCCM clients, are out of compliance with updates, or are reported to have application or operating system issues.
- Monitor incident queues for issues and take ownership and assist customers as required
- Keep all support tickets up to date and well documented
- As required, provided documentation on issue resolution for other teams
- Monitor and report on PC issues, escalate issues; work with other teams including SCCM, Active Directory, Security, and the IT Service Desk.
Requirements of the Help Desk Technician
- At least 3 years of experience in the following:
- Deploying PC’s and providing support to end users in a large enterprise environment (1,000 PC’s +).
- Developing, testing, maintaining PC images.
- Experience supporting PC’s in a large domain environment.
- Installing and configuring PC hardware and peripherals.
- Repairing PC’s by replacing hard drives, motherboards, memory, etc.
- Experience with security, disk encryption, and anti-virus products on Microsoft Windows PC’s, laptops, and Apple OSx MAC’s.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and experience troubleshooting GPO’s and name resolution.
- Experience with managing profiles and certificates on Microsoft Windows PC’s, laptops, and Apple OSx MAC’s.
- Experience in the following:
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows PC’s, laptops, and Apple OSx MAC’s using remote tools (SCCM remote, RDP, ARD) (2 years)
- Application Support for MS Office 365 on Microsoft Windows PC’s, laptops, and Apple OSx MAC’s. (2 years)
- Experience integrating Macintosh systems into an Active Directory Domain environment. (1 year)
Highly Desired Skills (at least 2 years of experience)
- Scripting with VBS and PowerShell
- SCCM OSD Task Sequences, thorough understanding of their implementation and how to create and optimize.
- Experience using the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) technologies and Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit (MDT).
- Microsoft Certification