Columbus, OH 43207 US
Contract to hire opportunity for a Telecommunications Installation Technician.
Must reside around the Columbus, OH area (client is located in Chillicothe, OH) in order to travel around area to customer sites.
In this role, you will provide remedial repair, preventive maintenance, and system reliability services for telecom equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Replacing telephony hardware and network components, basic maintenance practices.
- Pulling cable, mounting network devices, installing telephony hardware.
- Escalating problems when appropriate.
- Basic troubleshooting to include: defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Assisting Technical Support departments with corrective action on deployed hardware and software; developing working knowledge of all operating standards, practices, and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar telecommunications installation or similar role
- Proficient with Telephony and Networking, inclusive of copper, CAT 5/6, and fiber optic wiring
- Knowledge of wiring color code and fabrication of data cabling.
- Experience with Android OS and iOS for connecting to wireless environments
- Ability and willingness to work the scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime work assignments and after-hours callouts.
- Valid driver’s license required
Telecommunications Installation Technician - 25735