User Interface Web Specialist
610 Opperman Drive Eagan, MN 55123
Opening with our client for a Web Accessibility Specialist.
This position will report under the Accessibility team within UX and will directly support Digital Team project efforts as an embedded resource for assistive technologies and accessibility-related software.
You will help develop guidelines, work with the team to influence WCAG standards, evaluate and provide accessible solutions for web based and mobile products, as well as assist in educating and promoting the practice of building products with accessibility in mind, including using accessibility tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in information science, information design, computer science, human computer interaction (HCI), instructional design or equivalent industry training and/or experience.
- 3+ years working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative development environment with experience in large, complex software or web applications.
- Experience conducting accessibility evaluations and usability testing for accessibility.
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and specifications
- Must be fluent in WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and accessibility-related software including JAWS®, NVDA, VoiceOver, Window-Eyes, ZoomText, MAGic®, Dragon® NaturallySpeaking or other speech recognition software
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively both with diverse teams and independently.
Web Accessibility Specialist - 19519