Utility Documentation Specialist
10980 Grantchester Way suite 400 Columbia, MD 21044
Opening with our client for a Documentation Specialist with a focus on administrative duties related to wireless telecommunication utility projects.
Pay Rate: 28-33/hr
Looking for someone with prior experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way.
Primary responsibilities include researching, preparing, and submitting Utility Summaries for each new project, as well as facilitating utility kick off meetings for each new project at or before the project kickoff.
Additionally, the Utility Specialist will review initial applications for attachment and power for each new project to ensure conformance with utility requirements, monitor application timelines and assist in escalating delays internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 to 4 years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way.
- Wireless industry experience preferred
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.
- Experience in and knowledge of NESC, GO 95, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with negotiating experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
Utility Relations Speciaist - Wireless - Fiber - Telecomm - 19112